Swagman Accessories and Parts - 64005
The DLX Bar Adapter from Swagman allows you to use bikes with sloping or step-through frame designs on bike racks that require a horizontal crossbar. Both sides of the bar open up wide for ease of use, to mount on the stem and seat post of your bike. The DLX Bar Adapter extends from 22.5" to 30". (For longer frame lengths, please consider the Cruiser Bar Adapter #63999, which features an extended length)
Please note that when being used on hanging racks like the Trailhead, Titan, or XP, the DLX Bar Adapter is limited to 35 lbs or less.
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Trunk Bike Racks
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Bike Adapter Bar
- 24-3/8 - 33-3/4 Inch Long
Adapter bar lets you carry a woman's, child's, or full-suspension bicycle on your hanging-style, hitch-mounted bike rack. Spring-loaded bar telescopes from 24-3/8" to 33-1/4" long. Vinyl-coated hooks won't scratch your bike.
- Bike adapter lets you carry women's, child's, and full-suspension bikes on your bike rack
- Provides horizontal mounting point for level transport of your bicycle
- Works with most hanging-style, hitch-mounted bike racks
- Spring-loaded tube extends from 24-3/8" to 33-3/4" to ensure a snug fit on most bikes
- Easy push-button hooks clamp around your bike's seat post and handlebar's stem post
- Clamps open outward to avoid interference with seat and handlebars during installation
- Soft vinyl coating helps prevent scratches on your bike's paint
- Sturdy steel construction with black powder coat finish is durable and rust resistant
- Carrying capacity: 1 bike
- Weight capacity: 35 lbs
- Maximum handlebar stem post diameter: 2" wide
- Maximum seat post diameter: 1-3/16" wide
- Adjustable length: 24-3/8" - 33-3/4"
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Limited lifetime warranty
This deluxe adapter bar allows you to carry a bike with a sloping top tube, a children's bike, or a full-suspension bike on your bike rack. It fits between the seat post and handlebar stem post of your bike to ensure level transport on your hitch-, trunk-, or spare-tire-mounted bike rack. The bar's length can be adjusted from 24-3/8" to 33-3/4" to fit multiple frame sizes, and it can be used with no-rise bike stems.
To install the adapter bar simply open the hooks with the integrated release buttons, wrap one hook around your handlebar stem post and the other around your seat post, and close the hooks. The hooks open outward - parallel with the bar - to help you avoid interference from the seat and handlebars during installation. The bar has red "Up" indicators on each end to help prevent incorrect installation.
The hooks have a soft vinyl coating that won't scratch or scuff your bikes' paint. The bar is constructed of durable steel and has a black powder coat finish that resists rust.
64005 Swagman Deluxe Women's and Alternative Frame Bike Adapter for Hitch Bike Racks